A Place For You ...



"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

"Truely I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me." Matt. 25:40

Monday, August 25, 2008

We got to Kunming we arrived at the hotel around 6:10 and at 6;15 we got Nate. It has been very hard ... we was very attached to his foster mother (it breaks my heart) and he did want anything to do with us. Last night after everyone left he gathered up all his belongings and went to the door and cried for mama. That just about killed me. Today we went to the Civil Affairs office and he saw his foster mother and the orphanage director again so everything was bad again. We're now in the room and he is adjusting ... it's just going to take time. He is talking but we don't know nothing is he saying other than mama and baba. He just says mama or baba and points at whatever he wants. He is also pottie trained and he is very smart and independent. He is beginning to smile and laugh. I think he was the emperor of the orphanage. It was fun to watch him use his chop sticks at lunch . Nate will have to teach me and Albert how to use them. LOL a two year teaches his parents how to use chop sticks. Please continue to remember to lift us up.

4 comments:

Sharla M. said...

Oh Machell,

I'm so sorry that things are hard now, but how wonderful that he has been loved so well! That is so good for the future and now he will be loved forever by his new wonderful family!

I'll be praying for you, I wish I was there with you and Laurie!

Hugs,
Sharla

Jon said...

Hey Machell,
we will coontinue to pray for you and your family. i can't wait to see Nate here with all of you.
DeanAnne

wendyerog said...

Hey Machell
I have prayed for yall and thought about yall so much. I just cried reading your message. He will fall in love with you now. It will take time but he will adjust. I wanted you to know that yall were prayed for at church yesterday. Everyone wants to meet Nate. Also, Marcie had her big baby boy on Sunday about 4:30 AM. He is James Cameron Jones Jr. (Cam) and he weighed 9lbs. and 6 ozs. He's almost as big as Nate. Can't wait to see yall. Tell the girls Lance, Landon and Emmi said Hey.
We love yall
Wendy and Ken and Kids

trina said...

Machell,
I've been thinking and praying for you all. Benjamin did the same thing...gathering up his things and going to the door. It was so heart breaking. Hang in there. It won't be long and he will be hugging you and kissing you...and saying ya'll! I love you!! I want pictures!! :)