A Place For You ...



"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

"Truely I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me." Matt. 25:40

Monday, September 1, 2008

Boo boo's happen in China too!!!



Not as bad as it looks!!!





Nate likes to write just as much as his sisters.




See I'm OK!!!


Well Nate got his first boo boo with us today. He fell at breakfast (around 9am) and hit his head and had to have 5 stitches put in. We went to the emergency room and got the stitches in and we were on our way back to the hotel by 10:15am. Robert McLean (he is an ENT in CO.) went with Nate and I to the ER. I'm so glad he went with us because I wanted someone who knew something about stitches to watch the ER doctor and make sure they were doing it right and to make sure they gave Nate something for pain. Robert said the ER doctor done a good job sewing it up. Many thanks to Robert for his assistance and to our group for lifting us up. I was amazed at how fast the ER doctor saw us. We walked in and they took us right on back. The hotel was very accommodating also. Two hotel employees went with us also. As soon as we were back at the hotel Nate was up and going and at 10:30 pm still going. Nate is a real trooper. Oh yeah the cost of the ER was 160RMB which is $23.70 in US currency.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he's okay!! My heart sank when I saw that first picture!! Patricia

Anonymous said...

Oh Machell I am so glad Nate's head is ok. All the pictures are great! My heart sank when I heard there was an eartquake, glad that yall had Nate and were not hurt. We are still praying for all the families and for a safe return home. May God Bless each of yall!
Love, Dona

Anonymous said...

Hey bring some of those Dr.'s and those great prices back to the states. Unreal! U.S. is a rip off!
Dona

trina said...

Machell, I love Nate and your sweet girls! That first picture was a little scary. So glad he is ok..bless his heart. He's just precious. No earthquakes for Nate! Love you!
trina

Keisha said...

Bless his heart!
I'm glad he's feeling better.
The pictures below are soo good & they bring back alot of memories of China.
...we stayed away from eating the creepy crawlys too! ;0)

Anonymous said...

Aww. I got teary-eyed when I saw that first pic :( I'm sooo ready to see ya'll! I miss ya'll sooooooooooooo stinkin much!! I LOVE YOU!!! -Kayla

..so is Nate claiming the girlies' clothes now too?? haha. love the PJs :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am Tom's assistant here are Children's HopeChest. I was just reading over your blog and appreciating your beautiful family! How long ago did you first adopt your daughters?
Many Blessings, Nicole
nirwin@hopechest.org

wendyerog said...

Machell
Patricia told me about Nate's accident and I had to check out the pics. We sure did miss yall last night at AWANA. Can't wait to see yall. May God Bless You and Keep you as you travel.
We love you all,
Wendy

Robert McLean MD PhD said...

I wasn't glad that little Nate fell, but I was glad to help out and pay back a little all the help that y'all gave us with Fu Ni.

(Fu Ni update: Today was much better than yesterday - almost normal. Yesterday, she cried hysterically before bedtime. She likes the pool! The boys are adjusting to their new sister, etc. Tomorrow (or I guess it's today) Laurie will be taking Fu Ni to go to school.)

Once again, thanks Machell and Albert. You have a wonderful family. Your girls are precious, little southern belles.

Peace,

Robert McLean

P.S. I get a lot of questions about trying to reduce scar formation. Good studies have consistently shown that vitamin E oil does NOT work. Neither does a medicine called Mederma made of shark oil. I simply have my patients apply antibiotic ointment 3x per day for a couple of weeks. It's 99% vaseline and vaseline would probably do just as good. Then use sunblock for 6 mos. Anything more than SPF 25 is a waste. Blocking 99.999% vs 99.9999% doesn't make any difference.

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.